Pages

Anything you need to know about the Casio F-91W watch

After seeing it a lot and everywhere it kind of made me want one. The little issue was that I didn't know what it was actually called and where I could buy it from so like every other person using the internet I decided to try my luck on eBay. After a good search on eBay I came across the Casio F-91W but to be honest it did not come in those fancy colours like I've seen everywhere (little did I know they were actually interpretations/fake watched of the Casio F-91W).


After a little search of the Casio F-91W on the internet I was shocked to find out some really interesting articles about the F-91W from Casio. One that attracted me most was an article from BBC News where the report says that "Leaked files reportedly reveal a certain Casio watch was viewed with suspicion by US officials as a possible sign of terrorist links" making a reference to the Casio F-91W. Later on in the article they were saying that terrorists had used and are using the watch as a timer in bomb making (a picture on the site supports this).

To be honest, BBC News were not the only ones who had an article about the Casio F-91W in which they were mentioning the use of the F-91W in terrorists attack, an article on The Guardian also came up in the first page results list on Google search at the mentioning of Casio F-91W. But what's so good about this watch and what made me buy it? Where can you buy it from and how do you know if it's an original Casio F-91W?

So what's that good about it?

Since I will not be able to tell you the exact reason why the Casio F-91W watch was used in bomb making I will tell you the reason why the Japanese firm did not have to change anything about it since 1991 when the watch was released.
  • The watch has 7 years batter life (or forever battery life really) according to Casio, however others claim it last them around 10 years.
  • It has a built-in light (microlight) that illuminates the watch face in dark places of this world. I know this might sound silly to mention but after seeing for myself and realising that some watches don't have this capability, I started believing that this simple feature can add up to other features that make an excellent watch.
  • It has a daily alarm indeed but to be honest if you are one of those heavy sleepers this would not be the alarm you need or would use to wake up. I personally use the alarm to remember to do tasks during the day or when my shift comes to an end at work.
  • But why not mention the stopwatch too. You might tell yourself "Ok, good it has a stopwatch but I won't need one and if I need one i have my phone".  You probably won't need one and of course your phone will have a stopwatch but remember your phone has also got the time so why buy a watch in the first place? A timer can come in hand at any time!
  • Let me also mention the fact that the watch beeps twice on every one hour. For some of you this can be annoying but for me any many others this is a very helpful feature of the F-91W to help us keep up with the time without watching or simply warning us that one hour of our life had passed. The beep is not annoying at all and sometimes you don't hear it.
  • And to save best for last, the Casio F-91W is actually resistant to water of pressure up to 30m under sea, swimming pool or whatever else is there with water but it is also a 3 bar water resistant which means the Casio F-91W is splash resistant. On some of the comments read on YouTube users mention they had used the watch in shower, swimming pool, ocean, rain and even swam with it 10m under water without causing any harm to the watch. To be honest, the chances of you swimming 20m and even 30m underwater are very law.
These are the main features of the Casio F-91W which make this watch a very good seller. If this article did not help you in the decision of whether to buy this watch or not I am not sure exactly what would actually help. If you have already made a decision to buy this watch but don't actually know where to buy it form then read on and I help you make sure you buy an original Casio F-91W at it's original law price.

Most of you would think that the price of this watch describes it capability and quality and to be honest for many watches the price does describe how good it is but I've found out that this does not apply to the Casio F-91W for all that it does.

Where do I buy the watch from and how do i know if it's original and not fake?

There are many places on the internet that sell this watch but one which I trust the most is eBay. eBay is a huge platforms with many different sellers so all you need to do is to make sure you choose the one who sold the most and that has no less than 98% or 99% positive feedback. I can personally recommend this seller on eBay as this is where I bought my Casio F-91W from. You can also buy it from the Casio website if you want to be totally sure that you are getting an original Casio F-91W.

A way to check whether your Casio F-91W is original is to hold the right bottom button for few seconds until the "CASI0" sign appears like in this picture here.

This is probably the end of this article. I personally own a Casio F-91W watch and use it everywhere. If you have a question before you buy or need any help with it let us know in a comment bellow.

WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight

3 comments:

  1. at attracted me most was an article from BBC News where the report says that "Leaked files reportedly reveal a certain Casio watch was viewed with ... csowatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Want to buy Casio G Shock GAS-100BR-1A, can anyone guide me the perfect online store to buy casio orignal product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can the salt of sea cause rust to the watch during the swimming? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete